11 October 2008

Italian friends on the mind

I'm thinking more and more about getting over to Italy for a short visit next summer (hopefully the $ will still be worth something by then). Despite the fact that ever since my last visit I've been pretty set on going down into Southern Italy, I can't help but think about how much I want to see the folks I learned to care so much about up north. I can't really go off about all the people I'd like to visit, but I can show you some of the beauty of the Dolomites that the Marcellins insisted I enjoy when I spent the summer of 2005 in Italy. I also feel like their enthusiasm for treating me as family is fairly representative of all my dear friends I want to visit.


Paolo pointing out a trail he hiked in his youth.


Gorgeous.


Paolo, Giovanna, Susanna and Fillipo

Who knows if I'll actually make it back or where I'll end up if I do. Just the same, here's to hoping.

3 comments:

tequila said...

I want to go too!

bella utahan said...

If you head south you should really see Sicily! There are some sweet things there (DONT go in AUGUST- unless you like crowds and HEAT)!

la_sale_bete said...

i am hoping for you, too. them panoramas are to die for.